EVALUATION OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM OF PRODA ENUGU
The main purpose of this study is the evaluation of accounting information system of PRODA Enugu. To cary ou this study, three chapter highlighted on the general back ground of the study. Chapter two stated the problem of study and chapter three includes finding, summary recommendation, and limitation of the study.
INTRODUCTION OF PROBLEM
STATEMNET OF PROBLEM
PURPOSE OF STUDY
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
SIGNIFIANCANT OF THE STUDY
REVIEW OF LITERATURE
IMPACT OF NON – INSTALLATION OF STANDARD ACCOUNTING
THE BASIC NEED FOR FINAL ACCOUNTS
THE INCOME STATEMNET FOR A PERIOD REPRESENTS THE REVNUE.
FIANNCIAL CONTROL SYSTEM
FUNDAMENTAL ACCOUNTING CONCEPT
SUGGESTION FOR FURTHER RESERCH
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
For nation to survive there must exist records of events. In any economy they exists different types of transact]ions involving exchange of money, goods and services. These transactions need to be recorded and these serve as sources of information that are used by management and policy markers. Accounting involved recording of business transaction that serve as supply of data for either companion with budgets/ facelats or for other management uses.
Therefore, the accounting information system with regard to PRODA, Enugu can be decried as all those documents that enable financial data to be processed in order for management to report on the affairs of the institute. These records include day book, Journals, cash book, ledger accounts \,m income and expenditure accounts, and statement of assets and liabilities at end of year among others.
The institution was established immediately after the Biafran war with Okpabiasika as the pioneer administrator. In other not to waste the brain, the rap offices gathered themselves together, led by Agwu Okpankusa Journalist. The more started in 1970 and by 1971 it was approve by then East Central State Government (Edit Number 11) and named project development agency. Later in 1976, the federal Government took it over from the East Central and named institute.
The first director was A.E Ekechuwu from 1970 – 1974 from 1976 E.O Kaynee, 1976 –1988 professional Engineer late Nzekore, from 1989 – 1993 was E.O. Kaynee, then from 1994 – 1998 Engineer B.K.C Ugwu. The purpose for the establishment of this institute was for the rserach and development of Agricultural and industrial machines as wellas clay and other related building products. They produce bricks for building, bakery oven, machines, fish palliar food processing equipment e.g Gari plant, cups, plates and flover vessels. They have three locate ones, Head Quarters at Emene near Enugu, workshops, at wa – valley and training school at independence layout all in Enugu.
Therefore, it is the interest of the researcher to evaluate the accounting information system of PRODA Eenugu with a view to finding out how effective and efficient it is.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research study, certain key issues concerning the evaluation of accounting information system with a case study of project \s development institute PRODA Enugu with be discussed.
(1) This institute rely much on government subventions and as a research and development institute, they are not profit oriented.
(2) The government subvention, which is inadequate, does not encourage full research development.
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this study is guide towards the following:
(1) To find out the extend to which PRODA has installed effective accounting information system.
(2) To find out the general level of accounting information and control in the system.
(3) To evaluate the system in relation to the prevailing circumstances, lean financial resources and manpower.
(4) To find out the factors which impede the installation of accounting information system.
(5) To ascertain the cost effectiveness of the system, cost of extraction of information and reporting to prevent theft, misappropriate and fraud.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY:
This research work is to evaluate the accounting information system of PRODA, Enugu, its effectiveness efficiency and utilization by management and externals users of financial information.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY :
The study will provide enough guideline for proper accounting control in the operation of the institute it is necessary that this research work be done so that these problems having been found to exist will then be examined and tackled by the authorities in change. The study will help the institute the look back to ascertain whether principles and regulations guiding the accounting preparations in non – profit making organizations are maintain in PRODA.
1.7 RESEARCH QUESTION
To guide this project work , four research questure formulated to ensure clarity.
1. Has general poor level of accounting information and control system been encouraging misappropriation of fund, theft and fraud in PRODA, Enugu ?
2. To what extent does the government delay in providing subvention to production?
3. How close is the government supervision ?
4. Whether lean resources hinders the progress of PRODA
1.8 NULL HYPOTHESIS
The hypotheses that will be tested in the course of this research work are mainly derived from the research question asked above, and they are:
(Ha) There is no significant relationship between the perception of senior staff (s) and that of the junior staff (JS) of this institute on the affect of general level of accounting information control system in PRODA, Enugu.
(H02) There is no significant relationship between the views of senior and junior staff of PRODA Enugu on the extent to which lean resources and lack of raw material or research hinder the progress of PRODA, Enugu.
(H03) There is no significant relationship between the views of the Senior and Junior staff of PRODA Enugu on what extent the government delay in providing the subvention, for production in PRODA. (H04) There is no significant relationship between the views of the senior and Junior staff of PRODA on how close is the government supervisor in the PRODA Enugu.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com