EFFECTS OF PERSONNEL POLICIES ON ORGANISATIONAL EFFECTIVENCESS,
(ACASE STUDY OF ANAMMCO LTD, EMENE ENUGU)
Every business enterprises either big or small public or private operation within the framework of policies aimed at achieving a set objective. These policies take into account the dynamics nature of the business environments individual needs and aspiration and above all the cultural framework of organization effectiveness or productivity very much depends on the nature of these policies formulated and also on other mode of implementation.
It is on this premises that this research work was initiated to understands various personnel policies operative in organization with particular reference to ANAMCO as a study.
This research is also aimed at identifying the effect important and sources of the problems associated with the ineffective personnel policies. Due to this importance of these policies to any enterprises a particular department to usually given a pride of place in the scheme of things and is responsible for the initiation formulation of these policies for the general being of such organization.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the subject matter
1.2 Problems associated with the subject matter
1.3 Problems that the study of the subject is concerned with
1.4 The importance of studying the area
1.5 Definitions of important terms
2.0 LITERATUER REVIEW
2.1 The origin of the subject area
2.2 School of the thought within the subject area
2.3 The school of thought relevant to the problem study
2.4 Different method of studying the problems
3.1 Data presentation
3.2 Analysis of data
Certain cardinal factors determine the success and growth of any organization one of the factors is the personnel department in any given organization.
This personnel policies and programms are usually initiated and formulated by the personnel department headed by a personnel Director/ Manager or individual relation officer as the organization deems fit.
This research work tends to investigate personnel policies as it affects promotion of staff recruitment of personnel and disciplinary measure against every staff of the ANAMCO Limited
The function of this personnel department linger on the above area of concern in an organization it is also pertinent to point out here that a well concerned set and effective implementation of personnel policies help the management to a achieve the cooperate objective of an organization.
This policies when being formulated should be in line with the organization culture and those the business environment. The concept of this culture is important to our modern managers as if goes a long way to influence the organizational structure leadership philosophy selection discipline and salary and wages administration among other. This culture embraces the values shared beliefs and sentiments interest to the individual with a given society or its subdivision. A careful study will reveal the influences or effects of personnel policies on organization effectiveness. A case company (ANAMMCO) Enugu on which thus research is being carried out.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In the past many profit and non-profit oriented enterprises did not realized the important race personnel department plays in realizing the organizational objective. The major functions then were that of welfare services.
But in the recent past personnel started to recognized as a major tool in achieving the co-operation objectives of any organization and these function now include initiation and formulation of personnel policies advice to the management and development and training recruitment and selection salary relations promotion and disciplines e.t.c. many organizaton now can not successfully operate without those notable roles performed by the personnel department. A good set of personnel policies if well implemented ensures greater organization effectiveness. This is the more reason why the personnel department is not given a pride of place in any organization policy formulation, some vital areas as seen under the personel department function are usually taken into consideration. The culture of the people and society is also considered so that more effective and goal oriented policies are made.
The researcher study of (ANAMMCO) Ltd Enugu will show the various effects of personnel policies on the organizational effectiveness.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS.
The main objectives of this study is to provide a suggestive solutions to the problems associated with the initiation formulation and implementation of personnel policies in organization.
The end of the project shall provide us with the system that can be used to achieve the following objectives.
(1) To create awareness for managers of organization on the various personnel policies and their effects.
(2) To assist our modern manager / entrepreneurs of business organization on the most effective way of formulating and implementing policies to achieve the set objectives.
(3) To create awareness on the need for training and development of manpower in order to adopt to new changes and policies in an organization.
(4) To provide warmly signals on some of the ineffective policies that may not serve the purpose sought for due to the following:
(i) Deficiency in their formulation.
(ii) The mode of implementing and
(iii) Non-compliance and attendant consequences associated with such.
(5) In particular, the project will help ANAMMCO address itself to areas of its weakness and to be able to come out with effective result.
1.3 PROBLEMS THAT THE STUDY WILL BE CONCERNED WITH.
This study is concerned with the various personnel policies and their effects on the overall organization effectiveness. It also goes to unravel some of the problems associated with ineffectiveness personnel management.
The place of personnel department in an enterprise with respect to policy formulation and implementation was also covered.
It was also aimed at investigating the various conditions requiring training and development of employees with the aim of improving their productivity and general efficiency.
Nevertheless, this scope was visited with some constraints hence the study was narrowed to ANAMMCO ltd Enugu a case study.
I was constrained by time. The time taken traveling from my house Onitsha during the course of this study left little for others area I was constrained with the following factors.
As a student, I encountered a lot of financial constraints and this hindered my obtaining all relevant materials information or statistical data during the course of my study.
(i) Another constraint is the non-response to my respondents. Their non-challant attitude and above all their level of ignorance led to some of the an reliable result obtained in this study.
(ii) Furthermore, lack of relevant textbooks and periodicals (secondary data) also posed by the prevailing economic crunch.
(iii) Conclusively bureaucracy obtained in the places visited with reference to ANAMMCO was in no small way a constraint.
However, a good and reliable project work like this comes out in spite of the foregoing limiting factors.
1.4 IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING THE AREA.
In essence this research work is aimed at servicing certain important roles in relation to individuals or group of individuals or a particular event.
In view of the effects which personnel policy have on the overall growth and efficiency many organizations. This project work becomes important to both the management and labour. (employees).
Secondly, the study will help our modern managers in their policy formulation and implementation with a view to attain the corporate objectives of their organization. Furthermore, it is hoped that the result of this study will serve in shaping the organization policy towards the attainment of the set objectives.
Lastly, this study is very important to the ANAMMCO Ltd Enugu in providing a base for it to address certain area and to be able to come out with result oriented policies and programmes.
1. CULTURE: Culture is defined as shared belief, values, attitude and expectations about appropriate ways to be have that held by the members of a social group.
2. TOW FACTOR THEORY: This is a thing of motivation proposed in the late 1950s by Fred Herberg an American psychologist. This resulted from his study of JOB SATISFACTION in which to found that satisfaction with work are caused by two factors which he called:
I) Hygiene factors and
3. LABOUR TURNOVER: This represents the percentage of the total labour force of an organization leaving its employment and being replaced over a given period of time usually a year.
4. MANAGER: If anybody involved in the administration of organization with the authority to use organizational resources like money labour or equipment in furtherance of the organization objectives.
5. MOTVATION: This is a psychological process which involved the experiencing needs and devices and the behaviour that leads to those goals which satisfies them . It refers to these factors that predispose people to act in one way rather than another.
6. POLICY: This refers to plan of action or statement of aims and ideas made by an organization group or individual or even government example is the personnel policy aimed at directing and co-ordinating the actions of employees towards attaining the organizational objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com