The aims and objectives of this work is to examine “The Effect of Materials Management Techniques on Production Planning Process with reference to United Nigeria Textile Plc (UNT Plc), Kaduna... Materials management is open to so many problems in industrial sector in Nigeria, especially when theory and practice are compared. Among the problems facing materials management in Nigeria, which is also peculiar to the company which the project is based on are: Multiplication of materials management principles, unprofessional/unskilled personnel, given the task of material manager. The writer looked at the opinions of different notable authors and academic writers on the topic that are related to the subject matter. It was deduced that those academic writers are of the same view as far as materials management is concerned. In this research study, I will attempt to look at the following points:
• The purpose of the study, historical background, statement of the problem, limitation and scope of the study, rational for the study.
• Literature review on materials management, production planning, materials control, purchasing, stock ordering and types of stock taking, benefit of stock taking.
• Methodology, research methods and approach used, justification for approach used.
• Presentation and analysis of data, and also test of hypothesis.
• Summary of finding, conclusion and recommendations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents
1.1Background of the Study
1.2Statement of the Problem
1.3Objectives of the Study
1.4Statement of Hypothesis
1.5Significance of the Study
1.6Scope of the Study
1.7Limitations of the Study
1.8Historical Background of UNT PLC
1.9Definitions of Terms
2.1Definition of Materials Management
2.2 Production planning
2.5Types of Stocktaking
2.6Benefits of Stocktaking
3.3Sample Size and Sample Technique
3.4Methods of gathering Data
3.5Justification of method used
3.6Methods of Data Analysis
3.7Justification of Instrument used
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
4.3Test of Hypothesis
Summary Of Findings, Conclusion & Recommendation
5.1Summary of Findings