THE EFFECT OF EMPLOYEE JOB SATISFACTION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY
(A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU BRANCH).
It is pertinent to emphasis that a worker reaction at work helps to determine the output level of the organization.
This is why the author spent time to study the extent of organizational productivity vis-à-vis the satisfaction derived by worker satisfied his effort will increase and the organizational output will equally rise a dissatisfied is likely to fall short of standard.
Therefore the researchers concentrated on these motivational factors, which entered the output of organization. The study revealed those motivational factors analyzed them and made some recommendation that if correctly implement will improve the condition of worker and enhance increase in organizational productivity in Nigeria.
LIST OF TABLES
4.1 Attraction of worker in the company
4.2 Workers are happy working with the company
4.3 The efforts of workers are recognized in the company
4.4 Whether worker are well paid in company
4.5 How banks staff and customer relate to one another.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 The statement of the problem
1.3 The purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 The scope of the study
1.6 Research question
1.7 The definition of important terms
2.1 Review of the related Literature
2.2 The relationship between the job
satisfaction and performance
2.3 The impact of dissatisfaction on
workers in an organization
2.4 Some motivational theories and
their implication in Nigeria.
Research Design and Methodology
3.1 Research design
3.2 Source of data
3.3 Population of the study
3.4 Sample of the study
3.5 Sampling technique
3.6 Research instrument used
Presentation analysis of data
4.1 Data presentation
4.2 Analysis and interpretation of findings
4.3 Treatment of data
Summary and findings conclusion recommendation
1.1 THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Workers plight in the country today has left many well meaning Nigeria with many question some of these questions are how to satisfy our workers in their various establishments.
More so how secured are jobs in the hands of employee in the public and private sector. Is there anything like job security these day? Experience and observations have been witnessed mass retrenchment in all the sector of economy.
Employees have adopted mass retrenchment as only visible solution to solve the problem.
Obviously the truth is that there is no more job satisfaction among workers and employer. The reasons being that unsatisfied feelings and measured nature of their job. In the light of the above circumstance, it will be very difficult. If not possible for workers facing the delima to dedicate and committed to their job.
It will be very difficult for such employer to integrates their corporate objective with the individual workers.
The moment workers objective colieded with organizational objectives this will led to bifurcation of objective.
This term bifurcation of objective is very dangerous in both productivity and industrial harmony. It is simply means that workers personal interest are vigorously pursed.
How ever this study is based on the first three human needs theory propounded by Maslow. These are the physiological needs, safety needs, esteem need, belonging need of Abraham Maslow.
It is important to hold a constant factor other than the nature of work in company device, from hob varying in level of skills and complexing, since job satisfaction is very greatly in the satisfaction and degree of commitment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
In the course of this work the researcher identify some key factors that will help identify the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity in union bank Nigeria Plc. Enugu.
1. To find out if the existence of job satisfaction the selected organization effects the organizational productivity.
2. To discover if there is any force in workers ability towards the organizational productivity.
3. To findout if management of various selected industry, have in any contribution to the plight of workers ineffectiveness in job satisfaction.
Therefore the researcher will center on the above identified problems and other factor, which might be discovered in the course of the investigation based on the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity view to identifying issues and prospect as the affects.
i. Provision of welfare
ii. In consistency, in pigment of workers salarics
iii. Workers attitudes to work.
iv. Wages and salaries administration
v. Promotional policy in selected industry
vi. Features and prospects in encouraging workers.
More so, high lighten suggestion for general existing policies and amendment of existing policies and regulation where the needs arise. This will enhance mutual understanding and peaceful co-existance between management and workers of the organization.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
These study is designed to investigate the effect of employees job satisfaction on organizational productivity in the selected business enterprise in Enugu with view to identifying issues and prospect as the affects.
i. provision of welfare
ii. in consistency, in payment of workers salaries
iii. workers attitudes to work
iv. wages and salaries administration
v. promotional policy in selected industry
vi. features and prospects in encouraging workers.
More so, high lighten suggestion for general existing policies and amendment of existing polieres and regulation where the needs arise. This will enhance mutual understanding and peaceful co-existance between management and the workers of the organization.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings from the study serves as a reference for future researchers who may while wish to explore the subject. This will enable them to get feedback regarding the effectiveness of the subsequent policy formulation and planning.
The employee themselves will find this study very useful it will the need arise. The motivational tendency of workers to feel that their effort and welfare have been recognized in an organization.
It will also give the employees the idea of what to expect the management to do for them and also serve as a guide enabling them set limit to their unnecessary demands.
The employee will serve the effort of any of the management and restores sanity to organization productivity. The workers used for the study should not only be useful at a practical level but all in the theory where it would assit in propagating knowledge in workers job satisfaction. It would also constitute a useful and interesting text in library. The study would also provide a data base for future research work.
1.5 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study was limited to three selected business enterprise in Enugu North Local Government Area of Enugu state, to make researchers work easier to coordinate.
These selected industry are as follows
1. Service industry
2. Banking industry
3. Production industry.
There are many motivational tools available in satisfying human being of various categories, in most establishment, but this study entirely based on studying those satisfaction that directly related to job satisfaction.
1.6 RESEARCH QUESTION
It is the objective of this study to know if:
1. Whether the workers are attracted in the company
2. workers are happy working with their company.
3. The effects of workers are will recognized and rewarded.
4. Whether workers are well paid by company.
5. How banks staff and customers relate to one another.
1.7 THE DEFINITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
1. Output = The finished products production
2. Input = The material composition finished product.
3. Paradoxical = The result, that is the opposite of expectation.
4. Psychological life = The driver in human life
5. Drive = The motivational to act or carry out an action.
6. Emotion = The inward feelings for outward observation.
7. Job satisfaction = The total body of felling that an individual has about his job.
These feelings inverted in effect, weighing the sum total of influence of job.
8. Job dissatisfied = When those some total of influence on job are non existence .
9. Ethic = The professional rules or code of doing job/.
10. Delima = The crucial state of incident
11. Corporate objective = the company set goal.
12. mirage = The deserving aspect of something
13. Bifurcation of objective = When the corporate objective conflict with the workers objectives.
14. Conceptualized = This means the imagine and visualized the presence of something in presence.
15. Circulation flow = This means continuous movement.
16. Interesting = The job or satisfaction and desire from doing something he likes.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com