This work is a project on Perception of Noise Pollution in Jos North LGA of Plateau State
Aim and Objectives
The main aim of this research is to investigate the perception of noise pollution on residents ofJos North LGA, while its specific objectives will include:
- To determine the socio – economic background of residents of Jos North LGA.
- To determine the perceptual level of noise pollution in Jos North LGA.
- To determine the sources of noise pollution in Jos North LGA.
- To determine the effects of noise pollution on residents of Jos north LGA.
- To proffer solutions to perceived problems of noise pollution in Jos North LGA.
Significance of the Study
Looking at the significance of this study, the academias, policy makers and the practitioners willfind the work very useful in their respective fields, so also the residents of Jos North. Andthrough this, the effects of noise pollution can be properly managed and control for good qualityliving.
The Academias will find it useful in any further research on noise and by so doing,educating the public. The empirical evidence planned to be gathered through this study can beemployed by the policy makers and the practitioners for developing appropriate legal and publicaction programme.
Scope and Limitation
This research is only restricted to Jos North Local Government Area but the content can beapplicable to every field interested on the issue of noise pollution. Some of the solutions profferin this research work are lasting solutions that is to say, solutions that will stand the test of time.