The theme of the study is an evaluation of leadership style and its effects on employee’s attitude (a case study of Nike Lake Resort Hotel, Enugu).
Inadequate information and misconceptions about leadership styles that is appropriate in organizational structure perse have led to several ugly consequences strike actions, creation of informal group etc.
In order to achieve the above aims, research questions were used. The findings of the researcher were presented in tabular form and analyzed using simple percentages. The findings of the study revealed the following:
- That employees attitude to greatly affected by leadership style adopted by their leaders.
- That employees react to leadership style by creating informal group
- That in all respect employees is contingent on leadership which integrate, organization and employees objectives.
- The resultant effect of unpopular leadership in an organization results in workers strike and uncooperative attitude of the employees.
Based on the above findings the following were recommended:
- There should be awareness of the fact that employees at all levels evaluate their job and their leadership behaviour. Leaders should always try to influence and motivate employees for the survival of the organization.
- When formulating organizational polic, it is necessary that employees needs and aspirations are integrated.
- Management should encourage employees participation at lest in the work group, to partake in decision – making on areas that affect them most.
- The consent of those over whom the acquired power is exercised is necessary because of background, education and orientation that determine best leadership.
- The management should also endevour to establish and maintain a nice conflict resolving devices.
It is therefore believed that if the aforementioned recommendations suggested be seriously taken into consideration, it will go a long way in proffering solutions to some of the problems faced by organizational goal.
TABLES OF CONTENT
List of table
Table of contents
Background of the study
Statement of problem
Purpose of the study
Significance of study
Scope of study
Limitations of the study
Definition of terms
REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The concept of leadership
Nature of leadership
Leadership as the process of management
The concept of power as it relates to leadership
Apaches to leadership theory
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
Source of data collection
Procedure in gathering data
Population of the study
Data treatment technique
Research method used
Administration and retrieval of questionnaire
PRESENTATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATIONOF DATA
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Summary of findings
Area of further study