Marketing of Hotel Services is the project work, A Case Study of Mac- Davos Hotel; marketing of Hotel service is an important aspect of marketing its domain is to ensure the available of service. So to identify those problem encountered in ensuring that good service are appropriately at the right pace and at the right time in right quality and right condition, the researcher Agboibo Cosmas I. of the department of marketing, school of business studies, dealt with the marketing of hotel service, in the Hotel Industry. The research work was centered on Mac-Davos Hotel Limited.
The study focuses attention on the following:-
1. To find out whether the price charge by Mac – Davos Hotel increase patronage.
2. Whether the marketing strategy employs by Mac-davos Hotel in carrying out its activities in the Hotel Industry has contributed to the level of customer’s satisfaction.
3. To also find out whether the quality of services rendered by Mac-Davos Hotel leads to increase of patronage.
Both primary and secondary data were collected to solve the research problems. The population of study comprised the customers of Mac-Davos Hotel Limited and relevance staff. The research instrument and method used for the collection of data were mainly questionnaire, oral interviews and of course the researcher personal observations. Table frequencies and percentage were also used in presenting and analyzing the collected data.
Chi-square statistic was used to test the various hypothesis the following finding were made:-
1. It was being discovered that customers are satisfied with the quality of services rendered by Mac- Davos Hotel.
2. It was also discovered that, the price charge by Mac-Davos Hotel dose not leads to an increase in customary patronage.
3. It was discovered that, the promotional strategies adopted by Mac-Davos Hotel leads to increased customers awareness.
Finally, based on the findings, the researcher recommended the following as the solution for arresting the situation.
1) That Mac-Davos hotel should keep maintaining and modifying its method of service rendering.
2) That Mac- Davos hotel should revisit her pricing policy and reduce where necessary, price of some of her service especially accommodation.
3) That the marketing strategies applied by Mac- Davos hotels should be maintained and improved with trend of the changing world of computer.
4) It will be of great help if Mac- Davos hotels develops a method of getting complaint from customers.
TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1. Background of the study
1.2. Statement of the problem
1.3. Objective of the study
1.4. Hypothesis formulation
1.5. Scope of study
1.6. Significance of the study
1.7. Limitation of the study
1.8. Definition of terms
CHAPTER TWO: RELATED LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 Historical dimension of Hotel Industry.
2.2 Nature and classification of services
2.3 Characteristics of services and their marketing implication.
2.4 Marketing concept and the service industry.
2.5 Marketing strategies for services firms.
2.6 Marketing strategy for the hotel industry.
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.1 Sources of Data collection
3.1a Primary data
3.1b Secondary data
3.2 Sampling techniques
3.3 Population of study
3.4 Sample size determination
3.5 Research instrument for data collection.
3.6 Method of data analysis
3.7 Questionnaire administration and allocation.
CHAPTER FOUR: PRESENTATION ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF DATA.
4.1 Data presentation and analysis.
4.2 Testing of hypothesis.
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY OF FINDING, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION.
5.1 Summary of finding