ACCOUNTING IN POST PROCEDURE PRIMARY INSTITUTION
(A CASE STUDY OF NSUKKA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA EDUCATION ZONE)
1.0 BACKGOUND OF THE STUDY
Accounting procedure in post primary institutions means the process or system by which the various governments approved fees are collected and accounted for by accredited revenue collectors.
Revenue as income to any organization, institution is there to the government as blood is to human being. The need for there to be accuracy accounting procedure is to prevent error in the records so that they show the true and fair view of the post primary institution. This study highlight some of the problems as
(1) organizational problems
(2) personal problems
Equipments and encouragement should be adequately provided incentives given to Bursar’s for dedication towards increasing their pace of revenue collection accounting for them to maximize government accounting policies.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The study is designed to evaluate and assess the accounting procedure in post primary institutions notable in Nsukka North Local Government Area. The procedure in use is efficient and effectives and the system suit the current trend of events.
There is also implace the Central Pay-rolling system and most recently they have introduced computer system and aimed at computerizing the entire systems of the boards accounting administration and management.
However, there are still problems in schools accounting systems like reported cases of fund, forgery of purchase invoices, bank tellers manipulation, poor rendition of revenue and low revenue return.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The basic objective of this study is to evaluate the accounting procedure in post primary institutions in Nsukka North Local Government Area.
Specific objectives of the study are as follows:
(1) To investigate the system of accounting to know whether it is appropriate.
(2) To ascertain the extent to which the established accounting system in achieving revenue collection and accounting of objectives.
(3) To determine the extent to which schools follows the established accounting system.
(4) To discover the loopholes in the accounting system in the establishment.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
(1) In what ways can accounting system be appropriate?
(2) What is the relationship between revenue collection and accounting of objectives?
(3) What are the steps that school follows to established accounting system?
(4) How can the loopholes in the accounting system be discovered in the establishment.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work reviews the accounting system procedure methods as is being operated in Post Primary Institutions within Nsukka educational zone of Enugu State. This project work was executed under twelve calendar months. In this regard I can easily identify time constraints as a limiting factor.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Significant of this study are categories into two:
(1) Practical significant
(2) Academic significant.
Practical Significance: The practical significant of this study is that some institutions in Nsukka zone are facing a lot of problems because of the low revenue return caused by the head of the schools. But this study will assist all head of the schools including the auditors to have proper accounting records. This is by informing the head of the schools to plan for future because accounting procedures will help the institution to utilize the fund that is coming inside the school very well so that the school accounting system will be more efficient and effective.
Academic Significance: Though the researcher restricted the study to Nsukka North Local government, the result of the findings will be of immense benefits to students conducting similar research work on the same topic or ones related to it.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing (if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com