The educational system has for long had serious hit from examination malpractice and this has brought into focus the need to tackle this issues in order of finding ways to eradicate such problems. In the light of the above the study looked at examination malpractices in Apa local government area with the view to achieve the following objectives.
1. To find out the causes of examination malpractice in the local government area.
2. To find out the various means by which students use to cheat during examination
3.To investigate the effect of examination malpractice to both the students and educational system in general
4. To profound possible solutions, which could be use to eradicate the problem of examination malpractice.
To achieve these objectives the problem of examination malpractice. To achieve these objectives the survey method was used for data collection, we used questionnaire to elicit information from chose school students, the result of the data analysis showed that the main causes of examination malpractice is the strong desire to acquire a certificate well labeled and most parents encourage them on it and the method commonly used is spying and copying of answers to examination questions from fellow students and examination malpractices has brought disastrous effect on students and the educational system in Nigeria and finally, some measures to adopt in eradicating this problems is:
1. Punishing students or whoever is involved in the act.
2. Spacing of students in the hall
3. Higher payment and regular payment of salaries to supervisors and lecturersEFFECTS OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES ON EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM IN NIGERIA