Anti-phishing strategy uses visual characteristics to identify potential phishing sites and measure suspicious pages similarity to actual sites registered with the system. The first of two sequential processes in the SiteWatcher system runs on local email servers and monitors emails for keywords and suspicious URLs. The second process then compares the potential phishing pages against actual pages and assesses visual similarities between them in terms of key regions, page layouts, and overall styles. The approach is designed to be part of an enterprise anti-phishing solution.
5.0 RECOMMENDATIONS, SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
Phishing attacks are increasing in frequency and sophistication. The Anti- Phishing Working Group (APWG; www.antiphishing.org) recently reported that the number of attacks is growing by 50 percent per month, with roughly 5 percent of recipients falling victim to them. Phishing Web pages generally use similar page layouts, styles (font families, sizes, and so on), key regions, and blocks to mimic genuine pages in an effort to convince Internet users to divulge personal information, such as bank account numbers and passwords
1.1STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Pin code numbers that are available in the nation today is not enough to serve the teaming population and among the available line, many are faulty because of lack of maintenance. Our government is not given enough funds to MTN management.
MTN is crying daily for insufficient line, but with all this more than one line are allocated to some individuals
The Network of MTN cabinets are no longer useful and the under-ground cable system is no more serving the population currently in the society.
MTN is finding it difficult to maintain the identity and record of its subscribers, this makes it impossible for them to know the people line are allocated to and those people pin code numbers are not allocated to.
1.2 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The main aim of this study is to computerize XTC: A Practical Topology Control Algorithm for Ad-Hoc Networks system in order to improve their transaction rate of services to their various customers.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The present invention is to provide a method and system for generating a number stream that, using the most advanced cryptanalytic and statistical methods available.
2. To provide a method and system for generating an asynchronous pin code number which is non-deterministic?
3. The present invention is to provide a method and system for guaranteeing that no particular subsequence of an asynchronous pin code number or derivative value is used twice while at the same time eliminating vulnerabilities associated with keeping records of values generated.
4. To provide a method and system for generating an asynchronous pin code number which is immune to attack and compromise.
5. To provide a method and system for generating an asynchronous pin code number which utilizes the apparently automatic nature of ordered systems generally?
XTC: A Practical Topology Control Algorithm for Ad-Hoc Networks has speed up the assigning of number to both individuals. It has helped many organizations to easy the heavy burden associated with manual method of assigning number to their clients. It has helped in the generation, processing and storing of effective and reliable numbers.
The research is for Ad-Hoc Networks as it is maintained with MTN Nigeria . It critically studies the current system in use defecting the problem facing the system, analysis of the problem and coming up with a modified system that well solve the current and further problem that may come up with little or no modification. This will do a lot of good.
Our time and money was our major physical problem during the course of the project work. (or should I say my time and money) with my studies and exams at hand I just have limited time to carryout this research very extensively. However, I did a detailed research work.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Asynchronous relating to or using an electronic communication method that sends data in one direction, one character at a time
COMPUTER is an electronic device used for to accept data inform of input and process the data, store the data and has the ability to retrieve stored data.
HARDWARE is the physical component of computer
SYSTEM is the collection of all part of computer including human being.
STAFF is the person working in an organization.
STORAGE is a media for storing data/information.
DATABASE is the collection of related files.
Telephone is an instrument that sends and receives voice messages and data.
Telephone call a communication carried out using the telephone
Telephone booth an enclosed or partly enclosed space with a pay telephone in it
Telephone number the sequence of numbers that identifies a particular telephone and that must be dialed for a caller to be connected to it
6. Hardware: This is the electromechanical part of computer system.
7. Information: This is data that have been processed, interpreted and understood by the recipient of the message or report.
8. Internet is a collection of computer networks that operate to common standards and enable the computes and the prog re-ram they run to communicate directly.
9. Server: This is a process that provides requested services for clients.
10. Software: This is a logically written program that hardware uses to perform it’s operation.
11. System is the collection of hardware, software, data information, procedures and people.
12. Website is a space or location customized by a company, organization or an individual which is locatable within an address on the internet.