DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED ESTATE PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM
The purpose of this write up is to design and implement a computerized estate property administration system. Okolo Okolo & Co use as the case study.
This design is purely done in modular and use normalized data structure, which facilitate easy usage and independent working of key field when searching for a particular data. The design also takes care reducing redundancy and mistakes in the file.
It is made to be user friendly and can be used by anybody even without prior knowledge of what it is all about. It is all design and to detect when certain errors are encountered and suggest ways of correcting them, this design is implemented using V Basic programming language, which facilitate easy file maintenance and access in such a way that any information needed about any estate property can easily be gotten. The data used in the design was collected from the landlord agent, company Okolo Okolo & Co. Enugu.
The result from this project reduces the stress of accessing different estate property Okolo Okolo & Co. Enugu.
The problem of office accommodation will be diminished if this design is to be put into proper use. Its going to be a companion to people that need houses to live in and also strangers, even those who are estate property owners in Okolo Okolo & Co Enugu. The design will be more appreciated when used in a fast system.
It will be search in a few second and require an information to remove the stress of accessing estate property administration through manual method.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of Contents
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Statement of problem
Purpose of study
Scope and delimitation
Aims and objective
Limitation and constraints
Assumption of term
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
CHAPTER THREE: DESCRIPTION AND THE ANALYSIS OF THE EXISTING SYSTEM
Facts finding methods used
Objective of the existing system
Input, process and output analysis
Problems of the existing system
Justification for the new system
CHAPTER FOUR: DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
Output specifications and design
Input specifications requirement
CHAPTER FIVE: IMPLEMENTATION
CHAPTER SIX: DOCUMENTATION
CHAPTER SEVEN: CONCLUSION AND
Estate property renters has been proved to be a difficult task in Enugu due to the unsophisticated antiquated and low skill property management by the estate owners and the agent.
The project discussed in details the modernized and sophisticated method of property management, when one talk of modernized and sophisticated of estate management, computer has to come in enhance 100% result hence the topic of this project design and implementation of a computerized estate property administration system.
Presently, it is indeed a tedious job for one to search for and get an estate property to hire due to the reason mention above. If Enugu property owners and agent can borrow a leaf from this project, an estate property hiring seekers few second to get property of his choice. The project also gives the seeker the opportunity to know where some of the estate property are located, the owners. The specification of the estate and year of construction (how new or old the estate is). Although, the above mentioned method of estate management is encouraged, it has its own limitation (each estate owner is suppose to have a computer terminal and computer accessories with which he will access the main data base). This project considered limitations and come out with a well simplified low cost and less cumbersome approval towards overcoming the limitations that is, one computer one operator, one computer room and a set of computer accessories were used to access all the property, there owners and their status (i.e whether vacant or not), the facilities available the location and everything pertaining the property in Enugu, with this a centralized computer room ought to be establish to do the job above. A property hiring seeker has to visit the centralized computer room and get information about estate property, the landlord and agent has to be feeding the system either through telephone service, network or the equivalent.
But to have a maximum efficiency, networking method of feeding the centralized computer room has been employed. This entails that each landlord will be feeding the centralized computer. When an update is necessary, he uses the terminal which works with the main computer. The centralized computer uses the software to process and access the records in the database.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Right from the day of records/information about estate property stated, there has been numerous problems resulting from ineffective and inefficient manual mechanical process of storing and manipulating information of estate property especially in Okolo Okolo & Co. Enugu. The problems encountered using this process can be summarized below:
- Time, it takes to access record in the present system, is quite much when compared with the computerized method. It waste time and makes information accessing too cumbersome.
- The record about estate property are stored in sheets of paper and thus makes it easy accessible to intruders and vandals who may be spying.
- Sheets of paper that are not properly filed can easily slip off thus making useful information inaccessible.
- The mode of storage of files makes office look clumsy. This is because files that have to take care of all the estate property in Enugu will be many and there may be no enough space.
- Records are not organized in a way that will facilitate estate property accessing.
- Modification and updating of records makes it untidy. This is because of the use of correcting fluid or cancellation. Therefore, the problem of the presently use manual system in accessing estate property in Enugu will be a thing of the past with the introduction of computer in storing, processing and retrieving information.
PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this project is to developed a computer based solution of storing and accessing record on estate property Okolo Okolo & Co Enugu. This is aimed to phase out the manual or traditional approach of storing a specially designed form that has been recorded with ask in a labeled file jacket.
Looking into the organization that takes care of estate property revealed several misappropriation such as hurdling of records, stealing of certain records that are important intruding by the spies, lack of funds to buy materials. Improper method of entering the records and modifying of records due to file movement, untidy outlook of some modifies record and so on. Owing to the difficulties mentioned above, the research considered it necessary to develop a computer based method of estate management administration. This will contribute in the eradication of such difficulties encountered by the manual techniques of estate property administration accessing.
SCOPE AND DELIMITATION
The scope of this project limits on house allocation in Okolo, Okolo & Co. Enugu. It takes into consideration the updating of records. The display of any particular land lords record wanted, searching for where an available vacant house can be located. In modification of records, the former records that has been entered will be seen before is being corrected. This has making the user see his mistake before correcting. In the search for any estate property owners is done through the use of primary key, the estate property owners first name help facilitates are also to be provided to help inexperience user.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of this project can be summarized below:
- To help make estate property accessing fast.
- To help government in making provision for basic amenities and to know the concentration of population in any particular location in city.
- The project is aimed at being a guide to people who are homeless and would wish to find a place to call there home.
- The project has the objective of helping the strangers in the city and to locate their relatives.
- This project is also aimed at making provision with which government can access the concentration of any particular type of house in area.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com