THE PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS MANAGING SMALL-SCALE MANUFACTURING ENTERPRISE IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF ALLIWA SACHET WATER ACHARA LAYOUT ENUGU)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Background of the Study
Statement of the Problem
The purpose of the Study
Scope of the study
Significance of Study
Concept of Small Scale Business
Concept of Small Scale manufacturing Enterprise
Problems of Managing Small-Scale
Prospects of Managing Small-scale
Industrial Background of Alliwa Sachet
Water Achara Layout Enugu.
Purification of water
Summary of the Related Review Literature.
Area for the Study
Population for the Study
Sample and Sampling Procedure
Instrument for Data Collection
Validation of instrument
Reliability of the Instrument
Method of Data Collection
Method of Data Analysis
Date Presentation and Results summary of Results/ Findings
4.1 Problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises
The prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises
4.3 Summary of findings
DISCUSSION OF RESULTS
Discussion of Results
Implications of the Research Results
Suggestion for Further Research
Limitation of the Study
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1 Respondents Response on the lack of Awareness of Government Aids To small-scale manufacturing Enterprise.
Table 2 Respondents Response on lack or poor state of infrastructural facilities.
Table 3 Respondents Response on lack of Gods workshops.
Table 4 Respondents Response on lack of patronage from large scale manufacturers.
Table 5 Respondents Response on FAULTY Plans.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
In Nigeria, there are manufacturing firms that manage to manufacture on small-scale basis. The manufacturing enterprises make such local consumable as garri pomade, detergents, sachet water, foot wears, garment, corn flour, cassava flour, and pastries including bread, cake, meat pie, fish roll, toast etc other relevant manufactured products include furniture items cement blocks and so on. It has however been observed that the quantity and quality of the products are to in-adequate to satisfy the needs and demands of consumers.
The terrible state of inadequacy of manufactured products has been attributed to certain problems which militate against the effective and efficient management of the small-scale manufacturing enterprises. The constraints have become frustrating and resistant. Consequently, fear is being entertained that small-scale manufacturing a firms in Nigeria may lack chances of success, growth, and diversification. Despite the ugly situation all hopes are not lost for the small-scale manufactures in Nigeria. Solutions can be found in the accurate identification, presentation and analysis of the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria. The researcher id determined to provide the said solutions.
Some of the Problems Includes:-
1. Lack of infrastructural facilities such as good road, pip-borne water, telecommunication services, electric power and industrial estate.
2. Inadequate funding
3. Scarcity of technical man-power
4. Ignorance of available incentives provided by government and other agencies.
5. Lack of well-equipped maintenance workshops.
6. Frequent changes in government policies by successive administrations.
7. High cost of and difficulty in, obtaining needed raw materials, and so on.
In the face of the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria, it can be convincingly shown that small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria have hope of chances of surviving and performing even much better.
The chances or prospects comprises
1. Creation or awareness about available incentives provided by the government.
2. Recent rehabilitation of vital and basic infrastructural facilities like roads and electric power supply.
3. Family ties and patriotism
4. Availability of market for manufactured goods.
5. Small initial capital which one or two investors can provide.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
This research work will dwell on the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
The sub research problem include the concept of small-scale business, the concept of small-scale manufacturing enterprises the historical development of manufacturing in Nigeria.
Other components of the problems are problems of small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria, the prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria and the industrial background of Ariwa sachet water Achara Layout.
1.3 THE PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To clearly define and describe small-scale business.
2. To clearly define and describe small-scale manufacturing enterprises.
3. To present the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
4. To present the prospects of managing small scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
5. To determine the relationship between the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
1.4 SCOPE OF STUDY
1. To find out the concept of small-scale business.
2. To find out the concept of small –scale manufacturing Enterprise.
3. To find out the problems of small-scale manufacturing enterprises in Nigeria.
4. To find out the prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
5. To find out the relationship between the problems and prospects managing small-scale enterprise in Nigeria.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
In carrying out this research, the following questions were asked.
1. What are the problems of managing small scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria.
2. What are the prospects of managing small scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria?
3. What are the concept of small-scale business?
4. What are the concept of small-scale manufacturing enterprise.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Two aspects of the significance of this study are:
1. The practical aspect, and
2. The theoretical aspect
Practical benefits can be derived from study of the problems and prospects of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise in Nigeria. Firstly the problems of managing small-scale manufacturing enterprise are identified. Like the saying does “problems identified is problem solved”. Therefore, solutions to the identified problems become forgone conclusion. Again, when the identified problems are solved, existing manufacturing firms proper and their prosperity will induce prospective investors to site their own factories in Nigeria.
Future, government and people are sensitized towards the need and bases for effective industrialization of the country. Therefore government should try to provide industrial estates and efforts will also be made to provide vital telecommunication facilities, electric power supply and so on.
Theoretical significance of this study is under consideration at this point. It is important to note that some existing principles and theories of managing the enterprise and prospects small-scale manufacturing enterprises have irrelevant today, limited in applicability and imperfect point.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com