THE ROLE OF COMPUTER IN FRAUD SELECTION AND PREVENTION IN THE NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL BANKING INDUSTRY
The research work was carried out in a bid to examine the role of computers in the detection and prevention of frauds in the Nigerian commercial banking industries.
1. The aim of the study was to know whether computer are more effective and efficient and efficient in the detection of frauds.
2. The study also identified how fraud can be prevented from reoccurring since the use computers would be widely employed .
3. More over this of work was done in five chapter with chapter one dealing with the in introduction to the body of the study, coupled with the aims of introducing computer in the baking industries.
In chapter two the review of related if literature is presented and it revealed among other thing the background issues that led to the use of computers for both daily transactions and the interaction within banking and other industries.
Furthermore, chapter three deals on research design and methodology. Data collected mainly through secondarily mean. This means that information was gotten from journal newspapers and journals. In chapter four ,we gathered information how most banks use these computer to present and detect fraud and also we portrayed the advantage of the use of computers.
On the basic of the data collected, analyzed and interpreted, investigations revealed among other things and in chapter five which is the last chapter, summary of findings conclusion and recommendation were done.
Finally, conscious efforts should intensified by the government and bank to ensure by the implementation of the of computers in banking industries .
TABLE OF CONTENT
1.2 Statement of problem
1.3 Objective of study
1.4 Significant of study
1.5 Scope / limitation of the study
1.6 Bank ground
1.7 Definition of terms
1.8 Table of Reference
2.1 Review of related Literature
2.2 Computer in Nigeria Society
2.3 The use and Trends of Computer in Nigeria.
2.4 Fraud and Banking Services
2.5 Natures and types of bank frauds
3.0 Research Design and Methodology
3.1 Sources of Data
3.2 Location of Data
3.3 Method of investigation
4.1 Detection a prevention by the use of computer in our Banking Industry
4.2 Detection of use of computer . In our bank
4.3 Limitation Associations with use of computer .
5.1 Summary of findings
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The Nigeria banks has been the create of public attention especially in the area of frauds. Today in the banking section, and we find, fraudulent workers customer’s and so forth. Due to the fact that fraud has been the order of the day as far as Nigeria is concerned and the only was which we can look into it is by using computer in the prevention and detection of the fraud., the computer was been of help in the deception of fraud. Never the less, fraud is something that is in learnt to the commercial banking industries.
One of the problem facing Nigeria commercial Banker, Fraud. For the past decibels many banks have failed due commercial banks. But the inception of computer in the Nigerian commercial have actually helped in combating the problem of fraud in Nigeria commercial bank.
Today with the help of computer in Nigeria commercial banks, the network of breach can be viewed within some minute more also with the help of vast con – cirel a caliover of business activities either payments and receipts can be matters. The head officer of the bank today use computer to view the activities which took place in all the branches of the bank thereby curtailing the rate of fraud. Dormant accounts today in Nigerian commercial banks can be reviewed every day by the banks management in and to prevent fraud that arises in dormant account.
Computer has helped a lot in the Nigeria commercial banks the area of fraud prevention and detection in he sense that even the fraud that happened in a particular branch can be bedecked easily right from the lead officer of the banker.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Banks in Nigeria has been quite some times the Center of Public attention especially in the area of frauds. Frauds have been on he increase recent years. Although, fraud in the bank is a global phenomenon, the growth in Nigeria had became as founding.
In view of these fraudulent practice computer should use to detect and prevent fraud in the banking industries.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major objective of this study which
a. To high light the types of bank fraud.
b. To find out the possible ways defecting the fraud in the banking by the use of computer.
c. To find out ways of prevention of fraud of by the computer.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
1. As the topic implies much emphasis land on the problem of fraud which financially results in distressed banks. Significantly the study has exposed us to the fact that even computers can do better than human being which it comes to detection of frauds.
2. The study will help the banker to be more prudent in their dest with the money deposited by the their customers.
3. The study will also be of immerses help to others willing to carry out further research in this area.
4. More over the introduction of computer in the banking industries will help discourage those who have the intention of involving in fraudulent acts.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies
You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
1. As a source for additional understanding of the subject
2. As a source for ideas for your own research (if properly referenced)
3. For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
4. Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright.
For more project materials
Log on to www.grossarchive.com