The functions of the sectary has changed drastically at present due to largely to the the introduction of modern automation in offices. The use of new machines like computers, facsimile, automatic typewriters, word processes etc has generated new business abilities and new job opportunities for secretaries.
However, it is also feared that this has posed a lot of challenges to secretaries. Hence the need for this research work which statement of the problems has to do with.
1. To determine the effect modern automation have on secretaries, in other word dos the introduction of modern automation pose challenges on the effectiveness of secretaries.
2. To determine whether the introduction of these automation constitute something to fear about by secretaries. Or is this innovation blessing for them. Guided by these, the researcher set out the objectives or the research questions to include:
1. To ascertain whether modern automation pose challenges to secretaries who prior preparation in their operations.
2. To determine whether secretaries who had no previous preparation in the manipulation of modern automation encounter problems
3. To find out whether secretaries are exposed to training and retraining to meet challenges in modern automation.
Relying on data collected from five giant financial houses in Enugu North Local Government Area that was used as a case study, the researcher made use of the primary data that involved the designing and sending out of questionnaire. Tables were drawn to analyze responses in percentages.
Result of finding from the analysis sustain no challenge for research question I, problems for research II and yes for research question II. In the final analysis appropriate recommendations regarding the finding were made.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content.
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of problems
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Definition of terms
1.8 Definitions of terms
2.1 An overview of the secretary
2.2 The acquired competence of secretaries in institution of Higher learning
2.3 Modern automation and challenges
2.4 Empirical/theoretical approach on the challenges of automation
2.5 The duties/roles and importance of a secretary
3.1 Research design
3.2 Area of study
3.3 Population of study
3.4 Sample size
3.5 Sources of data collection
3.6 Method of data analysis
3.7 Establishment of validity of the instrument
3.8 Establishment of reliability of the instrument.
PRESENTATION AND SUMMARY OF RESULTS/FINDINGS
4.1 Presentation of respondents by sex and branch
4.2 Analysis of data
SUMMARY, RECOMMENDATION AND CONCLUSION