This study found out the importance of Ethics and social responsibility in a business organization, to be precise the NICON Insurance co-operation Enugu state.
To make this study successful, questionnaire, interview questions and review of related literature were employed as research tools. Data collected were analyzed, using frequency and percentage method after displaying some on table.
The research highlighted the importance of ethics and social responsibility in one organization and the major findings among others are:
- The staff are ethically and socially responsible in their dealings in the organization.
- The staff complains of some inadequacies that stops them from being ethically and socially responsible.
- Some of the management unethical practices.
Finally, the researcher believed some important suggestion, that may help to solve the problems of unethical practice in the organization.
- The management should bring up a panel to look into and solve the problems of unethical practices.
- The management should allow this panel to be autonomous in their work.
- The organization should expand their ethics and social responsibility within the organization, community they operate and to some rural areas.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Table of content
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Significance of the study
1.4 Purpose of the study
1.5 Scope of the study
1.6 Research questions
1.7 Definition of terms
2.1 The importance of ethics and social responsibilities to a secretary in a business organization.
2.2 Ethical requirements of the secretarial profession
2.3 Ethical matters related to functional areas of business organization
2.4 Involvement of government in ethics and social responsibilities
2.5 Government control and business ethics in organizations.
2.6 Social responsibilities of NICON insurance cooperation
2.7 Ethical responsibilities of NICON Insurance cooperation.
2.8 Summary of literature.
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODOLOGY
3.1 Design of study
3.2 Area of study
3.4 Sample size
3.6 Personal interview
3.8 Validation of the instrument
3.9 Administration of the instrument
3.10 Data analysis technique
4.1 Data presentation and analysis
4.2 Research questions
FINDINGS, RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSIONS
5.4 Areas of further studies