Although banks are developed with the major aim of providing financial assistance to business organizations, the commercial banks in Enugu Urban are short-term lenders.
This research work sought out the role of the computer in improving secretarial functions.
The instrument used for the research included questionnaire and oral interview.
The population of the study consisted of confidential secretaries in ten commercial banks from were the sample of seven were drawn.
From the data collected the following consisted the major findings:
1. That commercial banks in Enugu Urban make use of manual and computerized form of storing documents.
2. That the manual form has a lot of disadvantages, while the computerized form has a lot of improvement and has contributed greatly to the improvement of secretarial functions.
3. That some banks make provisions for the training of their secretaries and also the problems associated with the use of computer. From the findings, the researcher made the following recommendations:
1. That every higher institution of learning should include computer in the school curriculum.
2. Banks should organize training course for secretaries and also access the health of staff from time to time.
3. That proper documentation should be made using the highlighted methods.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the Study
1.2 Statement of Problem
1.3 Purpose of the Study
1.4 Delimitation of the Study
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Research Questions
1.7 Assumption of the Study
1.8 Definition of Terms
2.1 The Concept of Computer
2.2 The Position of Computer in an Officer
2.3 The Secretarial Function in the Banking Environment
2.4 The Efficiency of a Secretary with the use of Computer Technology
2.5 The contribution of computer in the Banking Field
2.6 The security measure towards information
3.1 Design of Study
3.2 Area of Study
3.4 Sample and Sampling Techniques
3.5 Instrument for Collecting Data
3.6 Methods of Administration and Collection of Data
3.7 Method of Testing the validity of Instrument
3.8 Method of Data Analysis
DATA PRESENTATION AND ANALYSIS
DISCUSSION OF RESULTS
5.1 Discussion of Findings
5.4 Limitation of the Study
5.5 Area for Further Research