MARKETING OF CHURCH SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF CATHOLIC CHURCH IN
Marketing of Church Services are established to deliver services to the people of God. Are these services made to satisfy the congregation, themselves or the priest?
The researcher observed that the marketing of church services have some services to render and they encounter some difficulties in rendering that services like language, concentration from the audience, noise etc. and the researcher also prefers solutions to these problems.
Every business organization has its aim and objectives and the same involved in marketing of Church Services. The concept of marketing mix are also applicable in Church Service like product putting, promotion and distribution (place).
A number of past-related literatures examined by other studies as it relates to the application of marketing concept in Church Services.
Chapter three deals with the design of the study, the method used in collecting relevant data. It also shows how questionnaire were distributed and the treatment of data and information gathered was analyzed and interpreted.
Finally, the summary of findings, conclusion on the research and recommendation made by the researcher are all in chapter five.
If priests should put the recommendation made into practice, the marketing of Church Services should be improved and the priest should be trained before engaging in Church Services.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Purpose of Study
1.4 Significance of the Study
1.5 Research Question
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
CHAPTER THREE: DESIGN OF RESEARCH AND METHODOLOGY
3.2 Sources of Data
(a) Primary Data
(b) Secondary Data
3.3 Data Collection
3.4 Population of Study
3.5 Sample Size Determination
3.6 Questionnaire Administration and Respondents
3.7 Method of Data Treatment and Analysis.
CHAPTER FOUR: INTRODUCTION
4.1 Service of the Church
4.2 Rendering of Services Properly
4.3 Measuring the Degree of Performance
4.4 The Reason why there is Poor Rendering of Church Service.
4.5 The Recommended Language
4.6 The Cause of lack of Concentration
4.7 The Cause of Noise in Church Service
4.8 The Pastor should go for more Training
4.9 Research Question Analysis.
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY, CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary of Findings
BACKGROUND OF STUDY
The Church as a Universal Entity has from the beginning of history of man exalted must influence in the development of humanity. The Church (Dr. Ludwig Ott: 270) is a designation for the Christian Cult – structure since the beginning of the fourth, century. In the profane sense it designates the assembly of the people, the civil community or any kind of gathering of people. But in the religion sense it mans the community of God. Other synonymous designation is the kingdom of heaven, kingdom of God, house of God. But the Roman Catechism supported by St. Augustine (Ps. 149.3) gives the following definition of the concept “The Church is the faithful of the whole world”.
In the contemporary, we have the Churches in every nook and cranny of the world. Each without doubt has gone into massive, advertising with commercial jingles and messages competing for our attention daily.
The Catholic Church is not left out in this drive; she has embraced the whole teachings of Christ for marketing all over the religious, economic, social, political and even cultural teachings is in the market.
In the Mystic Corporis Pope Pius XII Encyclical 1943 descripted the true Church of Christ as the holy catholic, Apostolic, Roman Church. And St. Paul in one of his teaching says that believer (Church) is the body of Christ and that Christ is the Head of the body, therefore he vividly depicts the inner spiritual connection between Christ and his Church restored by faith, charity and grace.
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Virtually in every street of our urban towns as well as in the rural, there are one form of Church or the other. Obviously, these Churches have one common theme. Mass evangelization. They preach good virtues. And no matter the number of services they hold, so is the Church ground filled to the brim epitomize mass fellowship. Good fellowship indeed.
But a look at the other side of the story is like opening a can of warm – corruption, bribery, armed robbery, prostitution, child sells. The lise is endless. Then an aid scholar will be forced to imagine where this evil perpetrator comes from. Is it not the same “Good follower” that indulges in this crime.
Indeed, it is the phenomena that lured the researcher to dive in as the unearth the problems associated in marketing of church services using church in Enugu Diocese as case study.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
From all that has been written above, it is the aim of this study to take a segment of the Church Services provider and to study the approaches of Churches to their members.
· To identify the problems associated in the marketing of Church Services.
· If the church members are satisfied with the service provided by the church.
· To understand and evaluate the activities provided by the church.
· Whether or not the church service providers apply effective marketing of church services to members.
· To formulate marketing of service strategies and make recommendation that would be more effective in the marketing of Church Services.
· To proffers solutions to these problems.
· What are their effects
· What are the remote and immediate causes.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The marketing of Church Services is very cardinal in shaping the socio-cultural pattern of our life. From the day man was created and put in the Garden of Eden, she has code of conduct to abide by. The psychological life is also influenced by the church.
Infact, the manifestation of the Church Services was discerned from the consequently, we regard this topic as relevant and useful.
- It is expected to provide additional insight to the problems and service as research experience upon which further policies could be guided for efficient and effective marketing of services.
- It is expected to guide prospective Pastors and preachers on their vocation.
- It is expected to add to the growing body of literature on this subject.
It is the objective of the study to fully understand and give answers to the follow research questions:
· What are the consequence of Church Services on social economic and marketing development in Enugu Metropolis?
· What marketing activities should be put in place to address the problem of Church Service in Enugu?
· How is the relation between members and the church authority?
· Does the church provide the necessary service to its members?
· What are the reactions of members as regards to the services provided by the church?
· What is the amount of time spent in providing the Church Services?
· What are the solution to the problems?
Church Service tends to be most facilitating factor in social marketing economic, marketing development in Enugu.MARKETING OF CHURCH SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF CATHOLIC CHURCH IN