Five Advantages to Professional Genealogy Research
Five Advantages to Professional Genealogy Research
We all want to know more about our ancestors and where we come from. Learning more about family history is becoming a more popular goal. But genealogical research can quickly go from a weekend hobby to a daily pastime to a full-time (albeit unpaid) job. Relying on professional genealogy research is an attractive alternative to incomplete research or quitting your day job. Here are the top ten advantages that professional genealogy research offers.
1. Speed Professional genealogy research offers you the advantage of speed. Using certified and trained genealogists to conduct your research allows you to take advantage of their years of previous experience. Certified genealogists can apply their previous researching experience to increase their efficiency as they conduct your search. Let their speed and efficiency work for you.
2. Training Trained genealogists know where to begin and where to look to find the best and most pertinent information, instead of sifting through countless census, probate or other records in a fruitless search. Years of training and experience mean that your professional genealogy researcher will know where to look, how to look and what to look for. Family history research requires a knowledge of many different types of resources, from computerized records to microfilm to books, from censuses to probate records to correspondence indices.
3. Geographical Access Although the Internet is a good resource for many records, some records have yet to be entered into computers. Obtaining these records often includes sending letters and money to archives offices thousands of miles away. When choosing a professional genealogy research service, look for one that is located close to a large resource, like the National Archives, or the Family History Library, each home to millions of documents.
4. Accuracy If you've been involved in genealogy long enough, you've received conflicting information. Perhaps an interview with your mother put your great-grandmother's birthday in June but the official record has it in February. Or maybe your documents themselves disagree. How can you tell which source is right? Or perhaps your great-grandfather is John Smith and all you know is that he died in 1955. How can you find the right John Smith? Trained genealogical researchers have already learned the ins and outs of analyzing conflicting sources and accurately identifying individuals in records. Based on their training and experience, they can judge which date is more likely to be accurate or which John Smith is your ancestor. It takes years of genealogical experience to assess source material, especially from documents that can't give a clear answer. Professional genealogists have the experience necessary to ensure accuracy in their work.
5. Qualified Access Many resources are highly sensitive or have restricted access. Most archives have stringent rules for using their resources, including who may access what, how to access materials, what researchers can bring with them, and more. Certified genealogists are familiar with these restrictions and have experience handling documents and researching in these settings. Additionally, in those archives that limit access, professional genealogists are often granted access that other researchers might not be able to get.
ABSTRACT This research study examines the Effect of Information Technology on the Efficiency of Tax Administration in Nigeria, a case Study of Enugu State Board of Internal Revenue. Its main objective is to... More
CONSTRUCTION OF AUTOMATIC WATER LEVEL CONTROLLER FOR BOTH OVERHEAD AND UNDERGROUND TANKS ABSTRACT Automatic water level controller for both overhead and underground tank is designed to monitor the level of water in a tank. It displays the level of water and when it is at the lowest level; a pump is activated automatically to refill the tank. When... More
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL’S LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORAND THE COUNSELORS’ MORALE Abstract This study of four suburban schools, two high schools, and two elementary schools, investigated how the leadership behaviors of the principal can affect the morale of the teaching staff. Questions answered included the role of participatory... More
ABSTRACT The project on the influence of endsars protest on political interest of Nigerian youths. The project aimed at investigating the influence of endsars protest on political interest of Nigerian youths, determining the relationship between endsars protest and political... More
ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the undergraduates perception on courtship and it’s influence on pre-marital sex. Specifically, the study examined examine the undergraduates’ perceptions on courtship and its influence on pre-marital sex. The study... More
A b s t r a c t Recycling of polyethylene waste to useful product is a way to reduce environmental problems caused by polymeric waste accumulation generated from day-to-day applications of polymer materials such packaging and construction. The recycling of polymeric waste... More
ABSTRACT This study seeks to investigate whether the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Nigeria has been complied with in Nigerian Banks. It is phenomenon for every organization (including banks) to adopt (IFRS)... More
(A STUDY OF INNOSON TECHNICAL AND INDUSTRIAL COMPANY LIMITED EMENE) ABSTRACT This research work examined manpower development and its effect on productivity. A study of Innoson Technical and Industrial Company Limited Emene. The objectives of the study include to: assess the extent manpower... More
(A STUDY OF SELECTED MANUFACTURING ORGANIZATIONS IN ENUGU STATE) ABSTRACT This research work, examined the management of employee welfare with emphasis on industrial accidents and safety measures. A study of selected manufacturing organizations in Enugu State.... More
(A STUDY OF SELECTED SMALL SCALE BUSINESSES IN ENUGU URBAN) ABSTRACT This research work examined Leadership styles and Performance of Small Scale Business Organizations, A study of Selected Small Scale Businesses in Enugu Urban. The objectives of the study include to: find out... More